Find out which charging cable your Opel electric car needs here.
Up-to-date information about charging cables & plugs
Which charging cable is best suitable for what?
The basic household cable (type 2) is ideal for simple charging using a household socket. However, you should only charge there if there is no other option.
The extended household cable (3.7 kW) is a good option for recharging at home - especially if you drive less than 200 km per day and tend to charge your car on the road.
These two basic cables are also good for plug-in hybrids, as their smaller batteries can be fully charged in just 4 hours.
Single-phase or 3-phase type 3 cables are ideal if you rely on public charging stations, for example because you can't install a charger at home. By the way, the 3-phase cable enables faster charging.
Universal charging cables with matching adapters can be used everywhere - on the road, at household or industrial sockets.
What is a type 2 charging cable?
How do I charge my electric car?
Regardless of whether you charge your electric car at a wallbox at home or at a fast charging station on the road, the following points must be observed during each charging process.
- Switch off the engine.
- If you are charging at a public charging station, you must now register or authorise yourself (via app, with a charging card or via the QR code on the charging station).
- Open the cover, connect the car and the charging station (either with your own cable or that of the station).
- Start the charging process online, in the app or at your wallbox.
- When the desired charge level is reached, you can stop charging - if the battery is full, charging stops automatically.
- Now log off at a public charging station.
- Disconnect the charging station from the vehicle. First unplug the vehicle!
- Start the engine - have a good trip!
Tip: Park as close as possible to the station so that no one can trip over the charging cable.
If you have a garage and prefer powerful charging because you regularly make longer journeys and want to be able to charge flexibly everywhere, we recommend a universal charger with adapters for:
- Household socket (1,8 kW)
- Public charging stations(7,4 kW/11 kW)
- Industrial socket (CEE 16, 3-phase)
Do you need frequent and fast charging - both at home and on the road? Then we recommend
- Basic household cable
- Type 3 charging cable
- Wallbox or Smart Wallbox