The right cable for your electric car
You have numerous options for charging your electric car - from charging points at home to dc fast charging stations
Opel charging accessories for electric cars
Find out which charging cable your Opel electric car needs here.
Everything about charging cables & plugs
Up-to-date information about charging cables & plugs
Which charging cable is best suitable for what?
The basic household cable (type 2) is ideal for simple charging using a household socket. However, you should only charge there if there is no other option.
The extended household cable (3.7 kW) is a good option for recharging at home - especially if you drive less than 200 km per day and tend to charge your car on the road.
These two basic cables are also good for plug-in hybrids, as their smaller batteries can be fully charged in just 4 hours.
Single-phase or 3-phase type 3 cables are ideal if you rely on public charging stations, for example because you can't install a charger at home. By the way, the 3-phase cable enables faster charging.
Universal charging cables with matching adapters can be used everywhere - on the road, at household or industrial sockets.
What is a type 2 charging cable?
How do I charge my electric car?
Regardless of whether you charge your electric car at a wallbox at home or at a fast charging station on the road, the following points must be observed during each charging process.
- Switch off the engine.
- If you are charging at a public charging station, you must now register or authorise yourself (via app, with a charging card or via the QR code on the charging station).
- Open the cover, connect the car and the charging station (either with your own cable or that of the station).
- Start the charging process online, in the app or at your wallbox.
- When the desired charge level is reached, you can stop charging - if the battery is full, charging stops automatically.
- Now log off at a public charging station.
- Disconnect the charging station from the vehicle. First unplug the vehicle!
- Start the engine - have a good trip!
Tip: Park as close as possible to the station so that no one can trip over the charging cable.
If you have a garage and prefer powerful charging because you regularly make longer journeys and want to be able to charge flexibly everywhere, we recommend a universal charger with adapters for:
- Household socket (1,8 kW)
- Public charging stations(7,4 kW/11 kW)
- Industrial socket (CEE 16, 3-phase)
Do you need frequent and fast charging - both at home and on the road? Then we recommend
- Basic household cable
- Type 3 charging cable
- Wallbox or Smart Wallbox